Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dog Days

It's not often that I'm in the company of a dog (my cat would be outraged at such a thing), but once a year I get to watch my mom's dog, Liesl, while Mom takes a day trip up to Infineon Raceway to watch the NASCAR race.

In the grand scheme of things it's not much different than the usual life - just a different setting and a different animal.  Liesl spends most of her time napping or doing her own thing anyway, so it leaves me plenty of time to keep up with my knitting or watch whatever junk is on tv.  But sometimes Liesl commands an audience, so I've wandered out to the garden a couple times with her to see what's going on.  She'll investigate the insects flying near the flowers and bark at an imagined foe, but mostly it's all good for sitting in the sun.

It's a gorgeous day (after being so cold this morning), and it's almost too hot to stay out there for too long.  Sometimes it's ok to sit inside and quietly watch the world.

2 comments:

  1. What great photos! I love the one of her silhouette!

    Thank you again for watching Liesl! She sends tail wags and puppy kisses!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one too! His name is Beemer and is the same color. He's my canine baby and has to fight for attention from my feline babies.

    ReplyDelete