Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

10 years ago today, history, perceptions, and the world were all changed forever.  We stood by, in shock, and watched the most horrific images we had ever seen, and they were real.  We remind ourselves to Never Forget, though I know I couldn't forget even if I wanted to.

We lived through the awful images of that day, but I remember the positivity that came afterward, too.  I remember Congress, suddenly devoid of party lines, spontaneously standing up and singing "God Bless America".  I remember going to work, and having customers start a transaction with "I just can't believe it."  I remember standing in line for coffee, and striking up conversations with anyone wearing a flag pin, which would turn in to a conversation on how much we loved this country.  Everyone suddenly became instant family, we all knew each other through our shared experience and all had the same opinion on it.  We were doing different things and were in different places when it happened, but we all lived through it together.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment