Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tough Decision

Those of you that have known me for at least a year, probably also knew that I had set up an Etsy shop for my handdyed yarns.  It was an accident really - one day I was bored (it's how a lot of my adventures start), I threw some yarn in a pot with some color, and the resulting skein was so cool!  I thought "surely I must share this joy with the world, and I'll be a FAMOUS dyer and I'll be RICH and can sit around and play with yarn ALL DAY!"

Yeah.

After about a year of seeing the reality that dyeing, drying, reskeining, photographing, listing, shipping, tracking, and updating take a lot of time, and that there were not enough hours in the day for me to make money from it and enjoy it, I've pulled the plug on my Etsy shop and closed the accounts that were linked to it.  Immediately, I felt disappointed that I didn't succeed, but that quickly gave way to feeling a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders.  On the plus side, all those skeins that I didn't want to part with, but I needed inventory for the shop?  MINE.

Here's to dyeing being fun again.  raises glass

No comments:

Post a Comment